Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saturday 12 22 07

For goodness sake - it's only 3 days until Christmas -what am I doing in front of the computer? The fact that it's just 6 am might give a clue. I think I'm ready for Christmas - and that's a little scary- I must be forgetting something.




But this year I didn't do any holiday baking a long time first for me - I did try a pumpkin fudge recipe which turned out great and is very yummy!




It's easy and I swear it's never fail! If you like pumpkin pie, give it a try




Pumpkin Fudge -courtesy CDKitchen
Tags - Amuse Art Stamps, Copic Pens, white card stock




1 1/2 Cups sugar


2/3 cup evaporated milk


1/2 cup canned pumpkin


2 Tablespoons butter


1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice


1/2 teaspoon salt


2 cups mini marshmallows


12 ounce package white chocolate chips


1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans - lightly toasted


1 teaspoon vanilla






Butter sides of heavy medium saucepan. Combine sugar, milk, pumpkin, butter, spice and salt in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Using a timer, boil for exactly 12 minutes while stirring constantly. Remove from heat.




Add marshmallows. chocolate chips, walnuts and vanilla, stir until melted. Pour into an aluminum foil-lined and greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan, chill until firm. Cut into 1 inch squares. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.


Heading to the family tomorow, so today will be house cleaning, packing, 1 last gift to wrap and I'm on my way!

No comments: