Monday, November 16, 2009

Travelin' Weekend


I took a red-eye flight on Thursday night and spent the weekend with a long time friend and her husband. it was a wonderful weekend, we spent hours and I do mean hours, talking, catching up, comparing and learning!

We've been friends since Jr. High, and have always kept in touch via birthday and Christmas cards, and the odd quick hour when both of us were in our hometown at the same time- but it's been a long time since we had an uninteruptted 48 hours to spend together.

Their home is lovely (no, "N", I still can't figure out why!) they are wonderful hosts, and "B" cooked up some very good dinners! We took a trip to Hobby Lobby, one of my favorite stores and there are none here in California, so that was a wonderful treat! We're both ready to do it again, and we will!



There's a song that sums it all up for me:

Old Friends

Hey, old friend
What d’ya say, old friend?
Are you okay, old friend?
Are we, are we unique?

Time goes by
Everything else keeps changing
You and I, we can continue next week, yeah

Most friends fade
Or they don’t make the grade
New ones are quickly made
And in a pinch, sure, they’ll do

But us, old friend
What’s to discuss, old friend?
Here’s to us, who’s like us?
Damn few!

Thanks B&N for a great weekend!

xoxo

2 comments:

NanaKaos said...

We enjoyed your visit so much. Dk is going arrange my trip out there after the holidays. I can hardly wait for spring. See you then!

DaddyKaos said...

We were glad to have you here and I hope you enjoy the recipies.